Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Arab girls and their PRETENCES

I knw that i promised 2 write about more positive issues last time but i have 2 speak out on what i noticed since i arrived here in the middle east "ARAB GIRLS AINT WHAT THEY SEEM TO BE".Being a naija girl i knw about the image we naija females have around da world,ask foreigners about us and majority of them will tell you that they heard that us nigerian girls are "GOLD DIGGING SCAVENGERS",WELL this were the exact words of a Lebanese boy in my class who has lived in nigeria all his life(he even understands yoruba).Some of them will tell you that many nigerian girls are pretenders but that some are 4 real but one thing i know for sure is that we nigerian girls are more honest than our arab counterparts who suprisingly have a clean worldwide image.Most men will tell you that arab girls are very loyal to their husbands/family and are good housekeepers but i strongly disagree.Arab girls (i say girls as in young ones between the age of 17-24 cos they r the once i'm normally in contact with)here in Dubai came as a shock 2 me cos i expected them 2 b as innocent as i heard they were and boy was i wrong. The first shock i got when i arrived at my dormitory was that i was the only none smoker(i knw smoking aint a big deal but imagine being a non smoker and being surrounded by 26 smokers blowing smoke over u all day long and from the warning my dad gave me about "messing around and disgracing our family name"in the presence of "humble"arab girls i was understandably shocked). After leaving in the hostel for a couple of weeks i realised that i was the only 1 that made it 2 my bed every single night in the whole dormitory (the average age of students here in the dorms is 18yrs cos most students live at home,the oldest is 2oyrs old)this might not be weird in western country but here it like a big tabooooo......................................................

to be continued.........................................................

9 comments:

Simply Gorgeous said...

Rc- what's up babe? Sorry for all of your troubles. I cannot enjoy nor tolerate smokers. If you want to smoke that is your wahala must I die with you?

Forget about all other thigs, remember why you are there. I know it is hard but forget all that now. Thanks for visiting my site.

Unknown said...

So naija/african girls aren't the only ones who got the "guide to being a goody two shoes" handbook. Na wa.

Brilliantly Me said...

hmm...interesting. I want to hear more; I'm a Muslim and having several "humble" Muslim Girl-friends, I always find it funny when they tell me about their risque adventures.

Naija Vixen said...

interesting...going to mail this post to sum peeps...permission granted?luvn ur writeup and "jealousing" you big tyme for living in dubai...not fair!

jak said...

hmmm, interesting to know. They probably start doing sorts as soon as they are able to escape the roofs of their father's houses...

LG said...

I was friends with some of these pretenders at Uni here in England. These girls were something else I tell you. They have mastered the art of deceit. After graduation they flew home via eastern europe where the stopped over to 'shop'. What they were really doing in eastern europe was getting an operation to have their hymens repaired. I kid you not.

Anonymous said...

all of dem just dey hide under the long skirt and scarf, yeye ppl
dem evil!

Anonymous said...

Which muslim girl be nice? E ro ni!! Baba Nla nonsense lie be dat! All those "I'm holier than thou, see how Pious I walk & dress" na big big lie. I work within the Asian community alot in the UK, and trust me, if you see the way how most of them behave, they make some supposedly bad niaja women seem like Mother Teresa!

Anonymous said...

Hot mallu Girls