Monday, March 19, 2007

da beginning

Being a nu member 2 blogsville i'd like 2 start my blog with an issue i feel very passionate about which is DA TREATMENT OF WOMEN HERE IN DA MIDDLE EAST.Being a JJC 2 dis part of da world i was blinded by da beauty of dis city ,da luxurious lifestyle ,n da excitement of being in dis famous city but how was i 2 knw dat i was only judging dis book by its pretty cover.
Honestly a girl can't walk 50metres on da street without being taunted by randy arab n indian men.i knw dat dis is a normal 2ing around da world but da men here jus take it 2 da extreme.i've lived in nigeria,canada,uk n australia(cos my family moves a lot)but nvr have i seen men behavin in dis kind of way.They make u feel dirty n very self conscious its a kinda form of mental abuse,i 2ink whenever they c a black girl who obviously aint a muslim cos her hair is not covered with a scarf or she is not wearing an abaya(a long black dress that muslim women wear 2 cover up)they decide that she is a prostitute n start 2 harass her or maybe dey jus do it cos dey aint getting none 4rm there wives.Sumtymes i blame da sisters 4 givin us a bad image here cos u'll c lots of naija girls coming here on the pretext of studying when wat dey do is throw themselves at randy arab men that a willing 2 spend big bucks on them n give them any2ing money can buy.
yeah DUBAI is a beautiful city with nice views but it starts 2 becum ugly 2 u once u experience da behavior of da ppl.The government here try 2 blind foreigners with da development of da country n by tellin u dat its 1 of da safest place on earth but its not true,women/girls get raped a lot n if they an unfortunate enough 2 b raped by a local(a ctizen of da country)da man will definitely not b penalised n u will b accused of adultery(sharia law).men also get raped here cos there is a high amount of gay ppl hu obviously nvr cum out 2 say they r gay cos its illegal.N do u knw dat if u have malaria or tuberculosis u will get deported.
So i advice any1 coming 2 da UAE or DUBAI 2 cum enjoy ur holiday n go bak 2 where u came 4rm cos u'll only regret ur decision 2 settle down here.

(i knw dat i might have bin starting my blogggin on a negative note but i honestly had 2 get dis off my chest.But i promise 2 blog bout more positive issues nxt tyme)

14 comments:

Ubong Da said...

The mobile phone abbrevations in your blog makes it very difficult to read and enjoy.

Confused Naija Girl said...

welcome to blogville! i never realized dubai was like that, fill us in on the jist

Unknown said...

welcome to blogville.

what is obaro doing there on ur list? that guy has been chasing me for years. i met him 2 days after his wife had twins and he's been hot for it since then. abeg let me hear word!

meanwhile, i need to add ikenna to my baby daddy list oh! bwoy is HOT!!!

temmy tayo said...

Hey, me wey dey dream dubai. I will be back to read more so update.

BeautyinBaltimore said...

Welcome to blog land. You have a very intresting blog so far.

Smoothvibes said...

I totally agree with you. haven lived in Kuwait for a lil over 8 months. It's ridiculous how women are objectified in the arab world.

Oya blog on.. I def want to read abt Dubai.

LG said...

Long before I read ob blogger about the attitude of the men in the middle east towards African women I just knew that I would never like to step even a foot in any of those countries.
I hope you get want you went and get out.
Welcome to blog!

Anonymous said...

CAN U PLEASE TYPE IN NORMAL LINGO??
MOBILE PHONE ABBREVIATIONS IS A PUT OFF.I LOVE YOUR BLOG BUT I GET A HEADACHE READING IT.

Unknown said...

Hey Girl, your blog is really bringing out truths. All I knew about Dubai was the beauty and tourist attractions. I never knew it was all like this in the middle east. You mean Arabs don't have Malaria or TB? Malaria is the most common sickness here (next to Cold)
BTW, thanks for visiting my blog ... and yes, it's me in the picture!

racquelle-cutie said...

chameleon i heard that the guy is a total woman wrapper too.The way he chases women you wont know that he has such a pretty wife, honestly men can never be satisfied with what they have

Bébé's History said...

I have to agree that this scary, vulgar treatment of women is a problem everywhere. Who ever went to Tejusho market and did not get rubbed down with shouts of 'omo Mummy' 'fine girl' no matter how young you were, as long as you're XY. I remember always feeling that I might get raped at any time, quickening my steps...
On the Arab note, I had store-keepers in Saudi Arabia rub their entire body on my teenage 15 yr-old body while pretending to stand behind me to get a dress I was interested me. It scared the HECK out of me when I realized it was no case of tight space. I felt dirty, dirty, dirty.

racquelle-cutie said...

bebes history i know what you mean,the other day i was in a shop and this indian guy just gently smacks my arse,then he said "sorry,my mistake"i just ignored him and walked away as for saudi arabia i heard women get badly molested their though they are he "strictest"arab county in the world

Anonymous said...

na wa o, I been think say na better place, sorry to say but naija girls dey throw themselves to Arabians? like ewwww sorry to say that
good thing i don read this, if I ever see person wey I sabi wey wan go there I go convince am be dat, nice blog.

luminousnubian said...

real talk o! i didnt know it was that bad, hope the experience get better. it would be terrible if it remains that way. first time on your blog, enjoying it.