Sunday, April 15, 2007

WHAT A NAIJA SISTER HERE GETS UP TO

A victim of prostitution


I'm so lazy i haven't been a blogsville member for even a month and i'm finding it hard to update,well i will try my best because keeping a blog no easy at all and instead of me spending quality time on my blog i prefer nosing around the sites of fellow naija bloggers ,i definitely have to change.





Back home in Nigeria you read newspapers and you see headlines about P.I.M.P.S that lure naija girls abroad with promises of making quick money and an improved lifestyle but never in my life did i forsee crossing paths with one.


The so called "P.I.M.P" in my case was a girl (she aint a kid she's a full grown woman but i prefer reffering to her as a girl) in my university. On my first day at school she was soo nice to me and she made me feel at home ,she even volunteered to show me round the city and she took time to show me round the neighbourhood where my hostel was located you know things like grocery shops,take-away restaurants that offer the best deals and cheaper foods etc.I, just like any other human in my position thanked GOD for helping meet such a nice person(when i was coming here i hoped to meet black people cos my dad told me that you could drive for a whole 30 mins without seeing a black person(i didn't know then that he was saying that to scare me)so it was obviously a big bonus meeting not just a black person but a nigerian(their are lots of nigerians here though but i obviously didn't know that then).It was her that introduced me to fellow nigerians here.One thing that i found weird was her hesistation when i asked her her age,you know she gave me the feeling that she didn't like being the question so after a long pause,she told me she was 21 then quickly changed the subject .I being a typical Enugu girl got suspicious(i knew that this wasn't the normal case of women not liking to tell their age,i just knew she was hiding something) but i decided it was best i mind my business and not poke my nose into her .One day she was telling me about one of her friends that just moved to one of the neighbouring Emirates(Emirates are cities here in the UAE)called Ajman,she said she'd known him since when they were in junior secondary school in 89(my people please tell me if its not only a genius that can be born in 1985 and be able to be in junior secondary school at the age of four,i'm sure that even Albert Einstein entered secondary school at an older age).I obviously made her aware of her "mistake" because i wanted her to know that i knew that she was lying ,she was shocked that i could figure out she was lying(the girl is that stupid) then she told me that she was 27 but she didn't want me to know cos majority of the people in our year(including me)is under 21 and she didn't want to be the old woman of the bunch being 27 in her first year.Even a 7yr old child would not have bought her story(when i first came i told her that i was shocked at how young our coursemates were, cos in London you'll see men the same age as my dad in our class and there i was one of the youngest and here many of them are my age) so i obviously didn't ,i know that many of you might think that maybe '21' might be the age stated on her passport so thats why she's tryin to front that she's '21' but i didn't think it was(she told me how she tried to see if she could be smuggled into this country but itdidn't work so she had to pay for her ticket with a guy's credit card, after telling me that i don't think she'll try to hide something as small as the wrong age on her passport)i knew it was something else but i again didn't want to evade her privacy by being a poke-noser so i decided to allow it

But minding your business isn't always the best thing as i later found out...................................................................................................

I'll take a leaf from the books of annoying Nigerian films and say
TO BE CONTINUED
(sorrry but i will honestly continue next time)

22 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some Nigerian girls just dey disgrace us.TUFIAKWA

Anonymous said...

arrrrggghhhh!!!....why na? U never even continue from your roommate's story sef.

Anonymous said...

Hey tanx 4 stopping by my page..interesting post

diary of a G said...

wup girl my I feel you on that looking around fellows bloggers thing. that stuff is time consuming Thank 4 cutting the blog short.. Its better thta way i'll be back for part 2
The Other Side Of A Gemini now showing on my blog

Yankeenaijababe said...

that's serious sister o.......l can imagine. are u kidding.

Admin UD said...

hmmmm. I'm luving da story seing that we stay in da same 'region'

Naija Vixen said...

continue the jist now!!!how are ur crazy arabs treating you? ;-)

Unknown said...

Continue ... I was just getting into the story when you stopped! You better update soon!

EDNUTEY said...

kai kai kai!!!
I been think say u go continue from your room mate, I wan knwo wetin dey go on with d girl...and yes anonymous talk am
naija women dey disgrace us!!!
some of them

abeg update dis blog, I can't wait to know what's going on
yeah d blog thing dey take person time
sometimes i dey blog when I dey for class, just to keep it updated, na God know how I dey cope in class sef...
have a nice day...and be careful, cos most nigerians out of naija, dem be devil incarnate...make I cut am short there.

DJ MightyMike said...

Updates please...so you're attending school all the way in the emirates? hmmm..interesting. i bet it feels odd sometimes.

Ms. Catwalq said...

Thanks for stopping by my page.
Where do you school in the UAE. I am trying to get a study abroad programme going
Holler at a yoruba sistah!!!!

Anonymous said...

Where's dis girl sef? Abi one of those arab boys don propose to her? lol

Anonymous said...

abeg update, i wan see wetin dat naija chick go carry come.. you know naija girls will always surprise one...

Standing Truth Betold said...

wow. i've met one before too- a pimp that is. and she had changed her ways and everything. she was much older, probably in her 40s when i met her...
anyway, hurry with the conclusion

temmy tayo said...

lol at the naija film slogan:to be continued. I beg please continue.

diary of a G said...

don't let me find out thats your picture....am looking at the picture
i can tell its real cause there is no wed address like the last one its real isn't it?

.....ok I see the future....
Emails...friendship....plane tickets......me and you together..
......ahhhhhh what a wonderfull world this would be....

For now I'll just say your astonishly drop dead beautiful
After work I'll give you a full report on my amazement by your beauty
If of course its you.....crossing my fingers..
update reply reply undate

Ps hows it going it Dubai

racquelle-cutie said...

wienna i will continue the story about my roomate in later posts i bet if i start to yarn you about her and her problems you would be the first to shout "ENOUGH"

ugo daniels thanks and i'm luving ur blog too but wat do u mean by "we stay in the same region" do u mean as in region in Nigeria?

naijavixen i will fill u in as time goes by

vicki i'm glad you were getting into it and i have updated

sparkle thaks for the advice and i will not be lazy and try to update as for my roomate no vex jare i go talk more about her in later posts

deji it feels really wierd honestly and i don't wanna get used to it cos it sucks

catwalq i'm at dubai's knowledge village and good luck with the programme

obinwanne i don update

survingwithtruth lucky u were left whole cos they can be really persuasive u know

diary of a g thanks for the comment ,i've already bin to your site.I think u are getting too carried away with the e-mail and tickets,and thanks dubai is just fine though a bit boring sometimes

Anonymous said...

Just randomly came across your blog, interesting read, good to see a Nigerian flying the flag up high in Dubai, I have to say your blogs are very reminiscent of the Nigerian movies, just when it's all getting interesting, it ends and you have to wait for "part 2" to come out (if it ever does) lol. Okay you got me, I will definitely be back to read the conclusion to the story, also enjoyed reading the goings on with your room mate and all those men you have to deal with, poor you.

Suby

vindication through innocence said...

This your friend get some serious k leg o!!!As in i cannot wait for the madness to be revealed!!Im sure the contents is gonna be akin to one action packed thriller!!lol!!Im wairin for de rest men!

BeautyinBaltimore said...

This is so unfortunate. I've come across a number of African-American women who have traveled and complain of being mistaken for a Nigerian prostutite. Poverty is a beast.

Standing Truth Betold said...

Raquelle, by the time i met her, she'd changed. She'd repented and had given her life to Christ. I met her at a time when she was trying to live a diffrent, normal life- and it was really hard for her. She opened up to me when we got really close. I respect her a lot and i'm glad i met her after the fact.

Tyra!!! said...

Na wa for Nigerians o! We can hide age!!! Footballers ,entertainers,almost everybody! Na wa o!